[AccessD] freelancing job sites

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 09:23:48 CDT 2011

Well, everyone's experiences are different and perhaps some readers are
skipping the intro and the conclusion. :) I think some readers are assuming
that I think all freelancers won't benefit from the 10 myths, and that's not
the article's premise at all -- but, some seem to want to take it that way.
:) If I've learned anything over the years is that generalities piss some
folks off. :)

I have a lot of freedom too John. I volunteer during the week and I attend a
lot of gardening/horticultural events. I babysit my granddaughters when
they're ill or out of school. In July, I took off an entire week,
unexpectedly when my dil was seriously ill and in the hospital, so that I
could watch my granddaughter. The down side of that, is that I have to do
the work sometime -- evenings, weekends... so for me, the freedom "from
work" doesn't exist -- I just have more freedom to choose when I do it -- so
in that respect, I agree with you.

I don't have the freedom to be picky -- work is work and I almost never turn
down work because I'm "just so busy I can't fit it in..." -- just hasn't
happened yet. :) So, I end up taking on projects I really have no interest
in or that don't pay as well as I think I'm worth (universal problem!)...
bad work is better than no work and there have been times in the last 14
years where that bad work kept the lights on.

So, it's give and take for me.

Susan H.