[AccessD] freelancing job sites

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 07:36:45 CDT 2011

> My point is just that all guidelines are "give it your best shot" things.
> But who is REALLY in control ... and can it be proved anyway? No one
> should
> be (though many inevitably are) so devoid of humility as to challenge the
> style choices Susan has laid out as her MO. Nor should Susan assume that
> someone operating differently or experiencing life differently is not
> justified.

==========You're right, and I don't. Many readers are sharing very positive
stories and that's a good thing. I find my own experiences positive, but as
I tried to explain in the article (and I guess, didn't quite satisfy that
goal), you need to approach the experience for your own reasons, not myths
that you might not be able to achieve.

> The majority of the western civilization takes itself and its decision
> structure so darned seriously while some pretty major themes of life
> quietly
> elude them.

==========Well, there does seem to be plenty of grouchiness to go around. I
often wonder about these people -- are they miserable in their lives? That's
the only explanation I can come up with. I understand an occasional "You're
an a*shole" in the middle of a heated
discussion. It happens, even among the best of friends and passionate of
lovers. But we're not talking about the same thing.

Thanks!
Susan H.