[AccessD] Basic Questions about Access Locking

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Wed Aug 24 17:57:30 CDT 2011

Ha, I had this exact problem yesterday, I permanently upped the max lock
value from the default 9500 to 500000.  Seemed to fix the problem without
any performance hit.  Maybe I just got lucky as I don't really understand
the nuts and bolts of it all and did bugger all research to check the impact
of such a change. Just found out how to tweak the reg key and up the value.

You can also do it just for a single session as well, but I thought a more,
ummm, permanent solution, maybe the go.

For once the MS page detailing the options was accurate, useful and got a
good result - IMH experience that is not always a given.

<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815281>>

Cheers
Darryl.