[AccessD] Freelancing

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Sat Aug 27 09:11:23 CDT 2011

Tony - your other alternative is to go C# Dot-net and SQL Server.
That being said, you'll have to watch out for the legends of foreigners
represented by Cognizant, HCL, Tata, InfoSys....
and the list goes on and on. They all have thousands of dot-net/SQL Server
experienced developers.
Interestingly, the foreigners have stayed away from Office development for
the most part....and that's the good part.
But you are correct: Office Dev and Access in particular are really
waning....just look at DICE.COM for the openings.
They are very few compared to other openings....like Business Intelligence.
I've been trying to differentiate myself from the foreigners with the BI
angle.
However, that's been tough because of the need for experience in each of the
"big 3": SAP/Business Objects, Oracle/Hyperion, and Cognos.