[AccessD] Close a form during the Activate event

Benson, William (GE Global Research, consultant) Benson at ge.com
Mon Dec 5 15:09:43 CST 2011

There is something that I require to be true, upon testing, or this one
particular form I consider to be dangerous to use. It is a condition
that may change over the session, it is not necessarily a stable
condition during the user session.

I understand it can be tested for on Form Open, and the opening of the
form can then be canceled. But how about afterwards:  For example,
suppose on activation of the form, I want to test the condition again.
According to an error message I just got, I am not allowed to close the
form during the form's events.

I am kinda stumped how to protect myself now, if I cannot make this
check-environment-and-dismiss-form occur on a form's events.

I guess I could have a hidden form checking this on a timed basis but I
am sure that will cause some regrets.

TIA...