[AccessD] ACCDE Questions

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Mon Dec 12 14:25:59 CST 2011

I have an Access 2007 application that I have been deploying as an ACCDR
file to a small number of users.

Recently, I have been thinking about deploying it as an ACCDE file.  I
have some basic questions.

Is there a way to generate an ACCDE file via a batch script with Command
Line Switches?  I have done some digging but have not been able to find
a way to do this.

If I create an ACCDE file, it appears that I can rename it to ACCDR to
accomplish further "lock down".  Is this Okay to do?

Are there any "Gotchas" that a person should be aware of when using
ACCDE files?   The application in question does not allow users to
change any form, report, VBA code, etc.  However, there is VBA code that
does change query defs behind the scenes.  Is this going to be a problem
with an ACCDE file?

Thanks,
Brad