[AccessD] Maximize in A2010

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Tue Dec 13 16:13:18 CST 2011

Perhaps, but my experience would suggest it is more of a bug than anything else.  Or perhaps a deliberate attempt to move folks off MDE to accde instead.

The premise is simple.  If a form is set to docmd.maximise then that is what it should do upon open (or event).  It works as expected in A2003 as MDB or MDE.  But in A2007 the docmd.maximise is seemingly ignored.  The form usually opens as a float - I think it also did it for MDB format stuff as well - can't recall.

>From memory if you click on the form or moved it - it would immediately maximise and snap to full size.

As I said, it has been a while, but I do recall it coming up consistently in the testing we were doing.  Annoying.

Cheers
Darryl.