[AccessD] It just goes to show ya

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Dec 15 06:47:16 CST 2011

I got an email this morning - XYZ wants to be your friend on facebook.  I don't know xyz, but I
often go look to see if maybe I do know them out in a circle somehow.

I clicked on the link...  It *looked* just like those things from Facebook...

You guessed it, it was a social engineering attempt to get me to a page to do something bad to my
computer.

I run firefox in DropMyRights sandbox AND I have a widget to prevent running scripts in firefox
which just saved my bacon.

It just goes to show though.  I *know* about this stuff, I am very careful and I still got suckered.
  Only my safeguards saved me.

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it