[AccessD] Access 2010 help functionality problem

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Tue Dec 20 13:28:53 CST 2011

Folks,

Here is another interesting behavior in Access 2010. It is probably specific
to my installation. Today when I was working on a project I hit the F1 key
in the VBA IDE to get the parameters for a command. Instead of the help
window opening I get a Download authorization dialog that asks if I want to
save Transition.htm from MS.MSACESS.DEV.14.1033. So I say yes and it saves
the file then I open it and it tries to open itself again. Is there some
file association setting that has gotten changed, registry setting that got
hosed, or ???? Help has worked. I shut down Access and restarted the
computer to make sure it wasn't just something that failed to load. Problem
still there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't use Access help that often but
I do like to use the help from the object browser and that is broken also.

Thanks in advance.

Doug