[AccessD] Migrate to SQL Server

Rusty Hammond rusty.hammond at cpiqpc.com
Fri Dec 23 10:05:07 CST 2011

John,

I've done like you describe with just importing the tables, doing all
the fixing up of the tables, relationships, etc... afterwards.  Not fun,
especially with lots of tables, but that was back on Access 97 and SQL
2000.

Have you looked that the SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) at
Microsoft?

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/product-info/migration-tool.asp
x#Access

Here's an old article (July 2003) from Susan Harkins about using the
Upsizing Wizard in Access 2003, probably outdated for newer versions of
SQL Server

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/upsizing-an-existing-microsoft-acces
s-database/5035130

HTH