[AccessD] textbox value is null

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Dec 27 21:21:02 CST 2011

.Value is the underlying "value" of the textbox.  It does not change during editing of the
textbox. Only when the control loses focus.  It can be a string, a number or a Null.

.Text is the text string currently *displayed*  contents of the textbox, it changes as the content
of the textbox is edited.  It is always a string.

Note that  because .Text is a string, even if the underlying data is a Null, .Text is not - it is an
empty string (that's why the sample code tests for an empty string, not a null.)

--
Stuart