[AccessD] I told you of this one before....."wrong direction"

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 29 17:46:24 CST 2011

I worked for such an agency for years.

Many clients would quit the agency and then call me up a year after their
last assignment as that was the date limit for legal repercussions. I found
out that in many cases agency would farm me out at some ridiculous fee and
would pay me a small portion.

When I was working for some of these old clients, the agency found out and
tried to sue me for some breach of contract. One of my clients, a large one,
went to bat on my behalf and the pending court case disappeared. The agency
of course had no ground on which to pursue redress but they knew they had a
lot deeper pockets against any defense I could afford to mount.

I was lucky but many other systems techs, especially foreign, would find
themselves locked in these contracts, for years, at substandard rates where
they would be cheated out of hours, additional expenses and would know of no
one to turn to. I went so far as to start some preliminary steps to form an
association but many of these other techs were scared of their own shadow.

I can not describe in polite terms what I think of these agencies,
especially the ones I have been associated with. They are little more than
abusive pimps.

Jim