[AccessD] I told you of this one before....."wrong direction"

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 20:54:39 CST 2011

Mark - I wish you much better success in the New Year.  FYI, I have a
Fortune 100 as a client THEY PAY ME. I would not have it any other way. Or
maybe I am just blessed. And I am a bargain to them, I charge much less
than they would pay an agency. when I used to work for a programming
company in 2000 I was making $40K/year with benefits and they were billing
(this same fortune 100 Company, it turns out) $75/hour for my time. I think
there are many more Companies out there than Agencies, you might want to
send Companies your resume telling them that you are OPEN to permanent
employment but really like short term assignments handled one-on-one, to
save them the exorbitant fees they would have to pay an Agency. Someone
should bite.

My experience with Agencies has generally been bad EXCEPT FOR (ironically)
Robert Half.

One agency got me *fired*. They asked me how the assignment was going, I
told them that I was being asked to do some things that were not in the
original agreement, but it was ok, I was able to handle it -- then they
went to the client asking for more money the client sent me home. Not that
I was going to get a penny more mind you. Holy Cow!

Another promised to find me another gig. Said they had one, I could leave
the one  was on. But the current people begged me to stay 2 weeks (at
least). With the other "client's" agreement (so I was told, this turned out
to be 'vapor client') I agreed to stay 2 weeks. Then Company #1 found a
person the very next day and booted me cuz they "needed the workstation for
the new guy." As it happened, the ink was not really dry between Agency and
Company #2, and I never did get the second gig. Lesson learned, Agencies
are inept and scum and let you pay for their mistakes.