[AccessD] [dba-SQLServer] Using view or sp from other Db on same Instance of Server

Borge Hansen pcs.accessd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 02:14:52 CST 2011

Hi all,
I have created both a view and a SP based on tables in another Db
(call it Db1) on the same instance of the SQL Server (2008). I created
the view and SP in say Db2. A simple Select ...
When I want to use either the View or the SP in a join with other
tables in Db2 I am stuck. The SP containing the join to either view or
SP based on Db1 tables and saved in Db2 will save Ok but not execute.
Both the view and the SP that I am trying to join up will execute ok
when running on their own.
Funny thing is that in the Access FE I can create a pass through query
based on the view and join the pass through query to an odbc linked
table from Db2.
Any one who can shed light on this?
borge