[AccessD] Troubleshooting a runtime

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Feb 27 18:19:16 CST 2011

I have installed a runtime package to a VM for testing.  I have a FE and a library which, when
accesses from other machines with full Access installed do not error in any way.  I try to run this
under the runtime and the switchboard opens, but I get an immediate error as soon as I try to open
any (bound) form "there was an error executing the command".  Basically it is just opening a form.

Given that the runtime does not provide any assistance at all, how are you supposed to troubleshoot
install issues?  Suppose I install this on computer XYZ and it gives me an error.  I am not going to
install Office (Access) on the machine for troubleshooting.

Does anyone on the group actually use runtimes?  What do you do if there is an error?