[AccessD] Modifying Charts with VBA

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Thu Feb 3 16:34:57 CST 2011

All,

I am starting to explore the use of Charts in a small Access 2007
application.

>From the Access 2007 Design tab I have used the "Insert Chart" button to
fire up the "Chart Wizard" to create some test charts.

Once created, I have used the "Chart Object / Edit" facility to modify
the generated chart.

I don't really like the build-in facility to Edit the Chart Object to
make changes.

I have experimented a bit with VBA code to make cosmetic changes.  I
understand how to make simple changes to a chart, such as changing the
colors with commands like this.

Reports.report2.Graph1.ChartArea.Interior.ColorIndex = 5
Reports.report2.Graph1.PlotArea.Interior.ColorIndex = 6

I would like to find an example of how to change other things such as
chart type, size, font sizes, etc.

Does anyone have examples of how to do this with VBA?

Perhaps there is a resource on the web that explains this.

I have done some digging but no luck so far.

Thanks,
Brad