[AccessD] From a reader

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed Feb 9 09:27:42 CST 2011

What are you talking about Jim, there is such an app, I think you
already mentioned it... it's called Notepad.... ;)

I actually really like ASP.Net. It has some wonderful features.  But
someone coming from a non-web GUI, may not realize how ASP.Net is
actually 'mimicking' the interface interactions they are used too, and
it just gets ugly then.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 1:18 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] From a reader

I think that ASP.Net is a great program but if you just let the system
create the forms for you, there will be so much traffic going on behind
the
scene that a big commercial application would have to have a server farm
just to run it. By default the program wants to create some kind of
bound
BE... total insanity as far I can see. (duck and cover) ;-)

What has to be done after the FE is boiler-plated together, is you have
go in and remove hundreds of lines of extra code and hand code the data
connection... I know just how you feel. I have written very few
applications
compared to the dozens I have had to come in and cleaned up. When the
app is
completed it just snaps in comparison...and this is not rocket
science...if
I can do it anyone can.

I think if any mid-range commercial application (20K hits per hour)
needs
more that 2 servers to manage the operations BE; this is not counting
data
storage, backup, fail-over, security or mail boxes but the real BE
manager,
there is a problem with how the app was written. I have seen so many
systems
where the techs just keep throwing more hardware at a blotted web
application when just cleaning up the code, would solve so many
problems.

One day there may be a web building program that can build super tight
code
but not today.

Jim

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business
Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.
You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination,
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.