[AccessD] From a reader

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 11 08:57:32 CST 2011

Hi Gustav:

In my type of business my clients are not necessarily Microsoft...in fact the largest clients are totally Linux/Unix based and their web systems and BE are build with PHP/Java, Oracle etc. I have my feet firmly in both worlds.

Many require mixed support with MS desktops and Linux/Unix Servers. In addition, clients are moving away from desktop dependency and are starting to request all web-based solutions. OTOH that does not mean I will not always be required to support MS products, it is just that they are far from the entire world in computing. Having limited time I have to guess at which products have staying power, work on the widest range of platforms, support who's paying the bills and devote attention to their application requirements first and foremost.

Jim