[AccessD] Force Closing the FE

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Feb 14 17:20:12 CST 2011

  FYI, the code Rocky has is from here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210297

  also, there may be interest in passive shutdown which is a middle of the
road approach between doing nothing and forcing users out (it prevents new
users from connecting to the DB but doesn't kick existing users out):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa164890(v=office.10).aspx

  You may want to combine that with a idle timeout and/or forced exit.

Jim.