[AccessD] Access and SQL Server

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Feb 28 17:00:10 CST 2011

I see a lot of sense in it having a separate Autonumber PK.   This is a classic case of why
you should not use a natural key as your PK.

What happens when the Description changes and the existing Code is no longer an accurate
short representation of Description?  Do you change it throughout all the tables which store it
or do you leave your customer with strange Codes which don't match the description

(And please don't tell me that you use Relationships with "Cascade Update" turned on.)

--
Stuart