[AccessD] Conditional keep together

Debbie delam at zyterra.com
Thu Jan 20 08:48:27 CST 2011

I have a report with 2 grouping levels. The first group is keep
together with first record and the second is keep all records together
on one page. 99.9% of the time this is perfect.

Now I have the situation where my first keep all records together
group fits perfectly on a page all by itself. This means I have a
report header, further group header, then a page break. Not until page
2 do I see this first set of detail records because if the keep
together.

I do not want to set this to keep with first record just to cover this
one instance with one user, but I have to admit it is pretty awful. Is
there any way to determine that this has happened ahead of time and
reset the keep together property?  Better yet only reset it on the
group having problems.

I can set the keep together, but only on open. By the time I can tell
if it is needed, my window of opportunity is lost and I am better off
just setting this group to keep together with first record and just be
dine with it.

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone