[AccessD] Set text box default value to nothing

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:45:47 CST 2011

I've tried the following to set a control's (text box) Default Value property setting to nothing, but it's not working:

In the Form_Close event, I've used

txtCreatedBy.DefaultValue = vbNullString
txtCreatedBy.DefaultValue = ""

Neither works. When I reopen the form, the control is still showing the previously-set Default Value.

I want to wipe out the Default Value setting, close the file, and when reopened, have an empty control, because there is no Default Value setting. Any help?

I'm setting this control's Default Value property using VBA -- the control's AfterUpdate event, so I can't figure out why the form is saving it to begin with. I expected this property to be temporary -- just while the form was open. I didn't anticipate this particular problem.

Susan H.