[AccessD] Moving to .Net (was Ded Moroz sends you ...)

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Jan 2 07:36:18 CST 2011

I think we all want to feel that our decisions are correct, whether it is the car we drive or the
language we program in.

I propose that in this case, there is almost no discernible difference in capability between the two
languages.  I believe that at this instant in time C# holds the edge in "desirability" with
employers and thus in salary paid, however I also believe that they will probability level out.

So who cares really?  Pick one and get to work!

One thing I would say is that because of my VB background and the fact that I have switched to C#, I
can easily read and write VB or C# programs, whereas had I stayed with VB I would only be fluent in
VB.  Had I come from C# (no VB background) and I stuck with C# I would not have that advantage.