[AccessD] Moving to .Net (was Ded Moroz sends you ...)

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Jan 2 13:18:55 CST 2011

"When major functionality is introduced in one language, it should appear in the other as well. This
doesn’t mean that every feature will be in both languages and work exactly the same way; indeed,
each language has its own history, spirit and feel—traits that are important to maintain."

This does not sound like deprecation is in the plan.

If you have studied the remaining differences you find things that may not be trivial to port to the
other language.  That article does not say that the languages are now identical, in fact it
explicitly states that they still are not.