[AccessD] Ded Moroz sends you links on sample projects... :)

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Mon Jan 3 08:10:19 CST 2011

> > 10000% :)
> Shamil - Why then are the predominance of dot-net projects over-time
> and
> over-budget ?
> You must the exception !!

This is aimed at John: Remember that Client I had 2 years ago that was
considering a re-write to Access ? Well to solve one of their problems, in 3
months I finished-up an Access "bolt-on" to their VB-based CRM (that took 4
man-years to build). They had lost their 3rd party control licenses and
therefore nothing could be done with the existing vb source code (does that
sound familiar ?).

Long story short: I proposed a rewrite in Access 2007 with a read-only
deployment to the web. They instead signed to have the app rewritten in
dot-net with NO web deployment.
2 man years later: STILL NOT FINISHED. Cost of the project: DOUBLE what I
had estimated.