[AccessD] Moving to .Net (was Ded Moroz sends you ...)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Jan 3 08:45:45 CST 2011

> VERBOSITY ?
http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/patterns/labs/ObserverPatternLab.htm (a bit
esoteric sorry but it clearly shows what programming language is more
verbose).

> As you can see, the IDE has become PRIMO in terms of
> importance as far as developer productivity
No.

> Think about this: Can you imagine knocking out
> a dot-net application in Notepad ?
Yes. (Try to make MS Access app in Notepad - and for VB.NET/C# you can do
*all* the development using notepad).

> But I guess the great Visual Studio IDE takes
> care of that problem.
Yes, its IntelliSense helps to
WriteVeryLongCamelCaseIdentifiersMethodNamesPropertyNamesEtc instantly,
but you can use very short names if you like...

Thank you.

--
Shamil