[AccessD] Off-topic - Web Hosting - Basic Questions

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 5 10:00:37 CST 2011

I have some experience with hosting various clients' site, as a development
area. I use IIS, (I am not even sure of the current version), with a DNS
server/service, SQL Server 2005, on a development Servers 2003/2008 and it
seemed rather straight-forward but the whole process did evolve over a
period of time.

My IIS server currently supports ASP, ASP.Net and PHP. ...and you can add
Ruby, Perl, JSP and of course Python all at no extra cost.

Hosting, yourself would allow you the best control. The expense would be
from the cost of any upgrade to your internet connection speed, maybe a new
server, if you do not have one...hardware and software (Server2008) and of
course a SQL Server license. If the volume is not too high there are a
number of 'cloud' options...but I have not even looked into it...yet.

HTH
Jim