[AccessD] Across across the internet

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Jan 8 13:35:09 CST 2011

Next question, how do you expose a SQL Server to the internet.  If I were to set up a MV that runs a
SQL Server instance, how would I allow it to be seen through my firewall?  I assume I would use SQL
Server authentication with users / groups in order to control access.

I have a dynamic IP and used to use an application that essentially provided a fixed IP by tracking
the changes if any in my dynamic IP.  Would I use that and port forwarding?

Or could I use Hamachi and create a VPN in to the VM, then "see" the sql server over that vpn?

This is all new to me.