[AccessD] Crystal 2008 Question

Dale Kalsow dkalsow at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 10:00:20 CST 2011

I don't know if anyone can help me with this question but here goes:

I am trying to create a crystal report with groupings.  In the detail records, I
have field (Field 1) that is averaged in a group 1 footer field
(Footer1-Field1).  That works fine.  My issue is when I get to grouping 2.  How
do I sum Footer1-Field1?  When I click on the field and and choose Insert,
Summary; I do not get an option for Summing (I get Maximum, Minnimum, Count,
etc.).  It appears that Crystal is seeing Footer1-Field1 as a string (or is
something else is going on).  If I could sum each of the Footer1-Field1 fields
the problem would be solved.

If I click on the orginal field (Field 1), I can select the option insert,
running total.  I do not get this option when I click on the group 1 footer
field (Footer1-Field1).  Can I not total a footer field as I would in Access.

Thanks!

Dale