[AccessD] Access to SQL Server over Hamachi - it WORKS

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Jan 17 07:36:27 CST 2011

John --

I can be wrong but making 20 simple bound WinForms can be done in a couple
of hours provided forms' queries are ready or forms are directly bound to
the db tables.
No custom formatting included in that work - but that's an additional work
and it usually takes less/the same time as with MS Access...
And WinForms bound forms are a very different story to MS Access bound forms
- I mean they (WinForms) are bound (to ADO.NET datasets, ...) but
disconnected...

MS ReportViewer reports - if you have to develop many of that - subcontract
young developers there or you can develop MS ReporViewer reports using
advanced but free MS Report Builder 3.0
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207008.aspx) or MS ReportBulder
2.0...

And no "legacy burden" at all.
Some "learning curve stress" - yes, but that will be a positive stress with
very fruitful outcome in long run...

You decide.

Thank you.

--