[AccessD] Access to SQL Server over Hamachi - it WORKS

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Jan 17 09:01:34 CST 2011

John --

You decide.

In fact subcontracting in that case of small "quick&dirty" .NET based
solution  (3 x 20 "bound" forms + a few reports?) would more profitable for
you in long run I suppose:

- you'd not need to spend(/waste) time on looking "legacy" workarounds now -
is that work paid? - I guess not. You don't have now any other profitable
for you "paid instantly when done" kind of work?;
- you'll own all work made by subcontractors;
- subcontractors would need to do just forms and a few(?) reports - all the
rest MS SQL data model, views, UDFs, SPs (+ "quick & dirty" specs) - would
be your work - and you can get paid for that immediately as you know how to
do it...
- ...

The world of modern custom development (and subcontracting) has changed
"dramatically" during just a few last years - the one with "quick reaction"
wins more and more often - I can't say I like it that much as I'm getting
older and I haven't yet fulfilled my "early retirement plan"...

You decide.

Thank you.

--
Shamil