[AccessD] Password Problem

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 18 10:52:40 CST 2011

Hi Rocky

It is not "somehow" in the link -  it _is_ in the link information.
Run this query:

SELECT
  MSysObjects.Name AS TblNameLinked,
  MSysObjects.ForeignName AS TblNameSource,
  RTrim([Database]) AS DbsFile,
  RTrim([Connect]) AS DbsType
FROM
  MSysObjects
WHERE
  MSysObjects.Type=6
ORDER BY
  RTrim([Database]),
  MSysObjects.Name;

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 18-01-2011 17:20 >>>
Using a constant would work even though this is an mdb, except that  the
user wants to change the password from time to time and I don't want him to
have to come back for a code change every time.

However, that only applies to opening the mdb with dbengine or currentdb -
manipulating recordsets.  My problem is that I can't even open a query that
uses a linked table.  That password is somehow, I think, in the link.

Rocky