[AccessD] "Modern" replacement for CommonDlg

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 15:28:14 CDT 2011

I may have asked this before; if so, please forgive the redundancy. I've got
an old app that I'm sprucing up with A2K7 to run on Windows 7. Some code I
lifted from the ADH musketeers no longer works. It seems that the CommonDlg
thingie has vanished.

I need essentially that functionality, but that works in A2K7 and A2K10: It
opens the Windows Open/Save dialog with a bunch of arguments:

<vba>
Public Function adhCommonFileOpenSave( _
 Optional ByRef Flags As adhFileOpenConstants = 0, _
 Optional ByVal Filter As String = "", _
 Optional ByVal FilterIndex As Long = 1, _
 Optional ByVal DefaultExt As String = "", _
 Optional ByVal FileName As String = "", _
 Optional ByVal DialogTitle As String = "", _
 Optional ByVal InitDir As String = "", _
 Optional ByVal hwndOwner As Long = 0, _
 Optional ByVal OpenFile As Boolean = True) As String
</vba>

In a couple of places in the app, I need to ask the user for the directory
in which to save this file, or alternatively, the directory to associate
with the selected Customer and|or Project.

Any suggestions or code to do this? I want to attach it to a button and have
the dialog open on the the specified initial directory, then allow creation
of a new subdir beneath that, and ultimately return the final directory
name.

TIA,
Arthur