[AccessD] List box as a status box

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 22:09:35 CDT 2011

I've done this but years ago. I added a string for each event to the rowsource for the listbox.

jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

I'm actually talking about "things that happen" events rather than control / form events.

I am carving out a piece of my Inmate Checkout program which goes out to the internet and pulls the
inmate info for the specific inmates that are already in my database, looking for changes relevant
to my ability to check the inmate out. For example they are moved to another camp or their security
level goes up (or down) etc.

I had a very simple text box on the form which I simply updated with a text string when I discovered
a change to the inmate status. However when the next change came along I lost the last. If I did a
txt.value = txt.value & vbcrlf & "new status stuff" I ended up with scrolling in the text box which
is difficult to control.

In this specific case, I was storing these status changes in a table and I ended up just pulling the
TOP 50 changes out and displaying them in a list control directly, but doing something like that
where I programmatically stuff them into the list columns would also work nicely.