[AccessD] Article on upgrading

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:08:53 CDT 2011

I would lend this to your proposed article.

1. Find any occurrences of "Select" plus anything, either in RecordSources
or DataSources. Revise said code to refer to a named query.
2. Make sure that all date-fields are not null, giving them instead a
default value of Date() at worst, but supplying some value at least.
3. Make sure that all FKs hold true; no orphans whatever, else the whole
migration will fail.
4. Strictly a matter of opinion, but MO is that 3NF is insufficient for
serious dbs; 4- and 5-NF are mandatory.

A.