[AccessD] I have a mouse user

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Jun 10 12:55:55 CDT 2011

who clicks in dates and times and cannot figure out how to enter / modify the date once they do
that.  I need to select the entire thing when they enter the text box.  I tried the following:

Private Sub txtDteRequestedleave_Enter()
     txtDteRequestedleave.SelStart = 0
     DoEvents
     On Error Resume Next
     txtDteRequestedleave.SelLength = Len(txtDteRequestedleave.Value)
     DoEvents

End Sub

It doesn't work, even though the individual pieces are *supposed* to do what I am looking for.  In
fact if I set a breakpoint and run it, then when I come back to the form the entire thing is selected.

The Doevents is a feeble attempt to let it figure out that I have selected the thing.

Does anyone have code that accomplishes what I am trying to accomplish?