[AccessD] redemption

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 1 11:55:36 CDT 2011

One further note on this: There are a number of Linux alternatives for
handling mail receipts and subsequently transferring the information to a
Windows box if required.

To setup an Ubuntu Linux on an old clunker is not a difficult task as the
last install I did took 37 minutes and most of the time was spent sitting on
my hands...it can even created it own partition on an old Windows box and
added a dual boot option. (When asked by friends on how to install a
version; making the usual complaints that "I do not have time to learn
this", if they have a child over 10, I suggest ask them instead.) ;-)

There are half a dozen interesting mail products server/client or just a
receipt agent which can handle any number of mail accounts, some are fully
programmable or/and they can even just forward the contents to a Windows
box, on the network, for further processing. After the install and
configuration you can just push the box into the corner and it will just run
for the next 10 years.

Just a thought, if time and cost is of an essence.

Jim