[AccessD] 2 quick questions

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 1 19:57:12 CDT 2011

Hi Susan:

Database technology has definitely evolved. Most major internet sites are
using blended "NoSQL" solutions, like Amazon, Google, Facebook, Yahoo etc.
The new Cloud environment is a serious implementer of this technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoSQL

These new super-DBMS can handle millions of transactions per second...really
awesome and even the new distributive languages that support these new data
stores are equally as impressive as they have almost unlimited scalability.

Jim

PS you should do a write up on this Susan.