[AccessD] Most efficient means to retrieve most recent record

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 02:52:36 CDT 2011

Hi Darrell,

I am still trying to digest most of your reply, thanks, but in the meantime
Let me make sure we understand one another.

My objective is to find the latest occurring record where (for example) Name
= "Bill" and Occupation = "Accountant"; Suppose I have 3 records like this,
timestamped

Name	Occupation	WhenRecordImported
    Bill	Accountant	1/15/2011  3:52AM
    Bill	Accountant	1/17/2011  1:52AM
    Bill	Accountant	1/22/2011  2:52AM

When you say index on WhenRecordImported and use SEEK, what is driving your
example date of 5/10/2011 - why are you picking that? I have no knowledge of
what timestamps are in the table when I employ this device.

Thanks.