[AccessD] Ribbons

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 14:25:37 CDT 2011

Hi Tony,

DoCmd.ShowToolbar is the correct command.  However, you may need to have the
toolbar displayed for reports.  If so, this is what I do:

'-- Turn ribbon on/off as needed
Public Sub DisplayRibbon(blnDisplayRibbon As Boolean)

    '-- Purpose:  The ribbon is only displayed in Access 2007 reports and
up.

    If SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessVer) >= 12 Then
        If blnDisplayRibbon = True Or
DBEngine(0)(0).Properties("AllowSpecialKeys") = True Then
            DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes
        Else
            DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo
        End If
    End If

End Sub

'-- Turn ribbons off when the app opens
Private Sub MainForm_Open()

    Call DisplayRibbon(True)

End Sub

'-- Turn the ribbons on when opening a report
Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)

    Call DisplayRibbon(True)

End Sub

'-- Turn the ribbons off when closing a report
Private Sub Report_Close()

    Call DisplayRibbon(False)

End Sub

HTH!