[AccessD] Ribbons

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jun 7 02:04:58 CDT 2011

Hi Dan

I can't believe you do this in the time of large wide-screen monitors in common use.
Such an app I would regard as, well, rude. Can't find a better/worth word ...

Isn't maximized apps a left-behind from the days of DOS?

/gustav

>>> df.waters at comcast.net 06-06-2011 22:43 >>>
Hi Tony,

<snip>

Also, when a report opens, I use DoCmd.Maximize to be sure that the report
screen covers everything else.  When the report closes, I use DoCmd.Restore
to get everything back to its previous condition.

Here's something I learned by trial and error:  Don't place DoCmd.Maximize
in the Open event for the report.  Instead, place it immediately after the
code which opens the report like this:

    DoCmd.OpenReport "rptXXX", acViewPreview
    DoCmd.Maximize

HTH!
Dan