[AccessD] OT: Shopping for a new comp

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jun 12 08:45:37 CDT 2011

VMs are great for Access development. They allow you to run multiple versions of Access on
multiple OSs so you can replicate your customers environment.   In your case, I'd think that
would be a big plus.

They are also handy for "sandboxing".    Do any dangerous web browsing in a VM. if it gets
hosed by a "nasty" you just dump it and go back to an earlier snapshot.

Also useful for trialling software.  Saves clogging up the registry etc with leftover bits and
pieces from all those trial versions you test out before picking the program you want.

--
Stuart