[AccessD] Refreshing open forms when something changes

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:39:58 CDT 2011

I can see your point. Back in the old days, we distinguished between O-B
languages and O-O languages, which in Access parlance is a bit of a stretch,
but the fact remains that we cannot inherit any native class. We can kludge
new classes but not inherit from any class (well, prove me wrong, but so far
as I can see, it cannot be done -- suppose I want to inherit from class
Form, into a new class ArthurForm, customize said descendant to suit (let's
keep it simple and say I want these header/footer settings, this and that
button (Save, Delete, Exit etc.), and the ability to either override or
extend the inherited methods.

AFAIK this cannot be done in Access. Best I can do is open a generic form
and then customize it to suit the specifics. That is NOT inheritance. It is
rather a glorified Copy+Paste operation.

A.