[AccessD] Access and SQL Server

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 1 17:26:49 CST 2011

I would suggest that most MS SQL applications are web based and therefore
are using asynchronous type connections... they connect, call to a SP and
wait for the remote server to respond. When the data is ready for receipt
your Ajax connections notes data and the population of the recordsets begin,
then connection is terminated.

I would suspect that MS SQL runs similar to Oracle. Oracle just has more of
its internal features exposed so I doubt whether there is any difference.
When accessing data on an Oracle server the data request is queued, when the
system has time it checks the request and then retrieves any data. It then
calls the remote site indicating that the data ready, when the remote site
says 'yes', the data is transferred.

That does not describe a synchronous connection to me.

Jim