[AccessD] Access and SQL Server

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Wed Mar 2 07:40:14 CST 2011

Hey All
I have got unbound forms, combo/list boxes, pass-through queries and ADO
connections all working.
One question is why would you link to SQL Server tables in Access when
you can do everything with ptq and ADO in Access?
Another question is how do you handle subforms and tabs, do you just
simply link to SQL Server tables?  From my research they say  to keep
the data  simplified on a main form and then allow the user to pick  a
record and then display a more detailed form. The thing is I like
subforms and tabs,  and use them where appropriate. Do I have to do some
rethinking here?