[AccessD] Access and SQL Server

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:57:18 CST 2011

I have been doing it that way since Access 2000 first introduced ADP files.
I never passed through the ODBC stage, just went straight to ADPs SQL
Server. I've done a variety of apps this way. The biggest was an app for a
large travel agency/event system. Another significant one was for PCB
management facilities in Ontario; another was a typical Time/Billing app;
another was a safety assessment engineering app that's going nation-wide
(that is, Canada) now.

I'm so into that mode it never occurs to me to use Access as the Back End
any more. If it's on the small side, I'll use SQL Express instead of the
full-blown product.

Arthur