[AccessD] Access and SQL Server

Debbie delam at zyterra.com
Thu Mar 3 15:04:58 CST 2011

This reminds me of a story that may help:

A professor in college was not a native English speaker. He took a
class when he came to the US as a grad student. Being a class for
science majors in English as a second language, physics words figured
prominently. The instructor told them the difference between revolving
and rotation. Rotation spins on an axis and revolving is moving the
whole object around a central point.
My professor asked why a revolver was named thus.
The instructor (who was English) started muttering about bloody
Americans.

The moral: it may be proper English, but I will never be understood if
I go into a gunshop and ask for a Rotator.
Likewise, Jim will never be understood if he insists that an autonuber
can never be a PK.

Jim, you have met your revolver.

Debbie.

Sent from my iPhone