[AccessD] Access 2003 database in Access 2007

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at att.net
Thu Mar 10 15:29:38 CST 2011

I have Access2000 format databases that run in 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007 -- and the following shows my custom toolbars and does not show the ribbon.   HOWEVER, it does not work in 2010 -- haven't had time to find out what is different.

These are the properties I set when I my start up form opens (using the routine ChangeAppProperty to set the values):

    ChangeAppProperty "StartupShowDBWindow", False
    ChangeAppProperty "AllowShortcutMenus", True
    ChangeAppProperty "AllowFullMenus", False
    ChangeAppProperty "AllowBuiltinToolbars", False
    ChangeAppProperty "AllowToolbarChanges", False

    ChangeAppProperty "AllowSpecialKeys", True
    ChangeAppProperty "StartupShowStatusBar", True
    ChangeAppProperty "UseAppIconForFrmRpt", True

    ChangeAppPropertyText "AppTitle", "LTD Solution"
    ChangeAppPropertyText "StartUpMenuBar", "mnuMain"
    ChangeAppPropertyText "AppIcon", RetrievePathFile & "\LTD.ico"

"mnuMain" is my default menu bar, but I have 3 others that all work as they should in 2007.

Carolyn Johnson
St Louis, MO