[AccessD] Upsizing Access 2010 database to SQL Server 2008 R2 Experiment

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Tue Mar 15 02:41:08 CDT 2011

Doug
I will try it today if I get time later

Martin
Sent from my Windows Phone

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Murphy
Sent: 14 March 2011 23:35
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Upsizing Access 2010 database to SQL     Server  2008    R2      Experiment

All,

I am wondering if this is an Access 2010 to SQL Server 2008 thing. I have a
test computer set up with Windows XP, Access 2010 and SQL Server Express
2005. The upsizing wizard works as advertised. When I try to upsize the test
backend on my development computer Win 7/64, Access/32, and SQL Server 2008
R2 I get an message stating that
"C:\Users\'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Access\ACWZUSR12.ACCDU" isn't found or
spelled correctly, but it is there, and the table list is empty in the
wizard. I reinstalled the named file and it still I still get the message.
The named file is the Access Wizard Add-in. It will open.  I also tried this
on a laptop with Win 7/32 with office 2010 and SQL Server Express 2005 and
that worked. Seems to be something with SQL Server 2008 or the 64 bit
version of Windows.

Any thoughts? Has anyone tried the upsizing wizard in Access 2010 with SQL
Server 2008? Not much in Google help for this one.

Doug