[AccessD] Icon Files

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:12:43 CDT 2011

Two programs I use:

IcoFX:
http://icofx.ro/
Free donation-ware
Supports Windows 7, Macintosh, and Web PNG-style icons, with alpha-blended
transparency.
This one is very easy to use, and up-to-date.

Inkscape
http://inkscape.org/
Open source GNU GPLv2
SVG vector editor. Version 0.48.1 is a major step forward, and supports
several modes for creating Icon-style graphics.
This program is much more challenging to use, but it can produce first rate
icon graphics.
Vector graphics are inherently scalable, so it is simple to produce all icon
sizes from a single drawing.
Inkscape exports to png bitmap, and converts to vector formats like xaml,
eps, pdf, emf, and others.

-Ken